[K12OSN] [Fwd: [Ltsp-discuss] PCMCIA booting fund]

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Apr 20 15:56:40 UTC 2006

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] PCMCIA booting fund
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:54:39 +0100
From: Ben Green <ben at bristolwireless.net>
To: ltsp-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net <ltsp-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net>

I approached the etherboot discussion email list recently about the
possibility of a funded implementation of PCMCIA booting. The who, what
and where of this have been written up on this page:

http://www.bristolwireless.net/wiki/index.php/PCMCIABootGPXE

I am prepared to maintain a list of pledges and donations and use the
Bristol Wireless Community Co-operative to hold any funds. The total cost
of the first implementation has been quoted at 3200GBP (around 5700USD).
See the web page for more details. I will be approaching various possible
funders over the next few weeks, and following up any leads I get. Please
feed back to wiki page, or to me personally with any information of
offers. This really shouldn't be too much to raise, and it would help a
lot of people out with their projects.

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks