[K12OSN] Censornet help

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Tue Apr 25 16:34:28 UTC 2006

Hi to all.

I was wondering if anyone's using Censornet.  I've installed the latest
version on CentOS 3.6.  No matter what I try, I can't get it to work.

Some info.:  I'm using iptables to connect/protect my LAN and DMZ.  The
interfaces are eth0 (public), eth1 (private, 192.168.100.1/22), and eth2
(DMZ, 192.168.1.1/24).  I've given the Censornet box the address
192.168.100.14/22.  It's in bridged mode.  I believe I have everything
configured correctly.  Censornet finds and configures the 3COM nics.  I've
tried different wiring combinations between the LAN, router private
interface, and the two Censornet interfaces.  Depending on the wiring, I get
a) connected to the internet without being authenticated or, b) not connected
or, c) (if I specify a proxy in the Web browser, which I'd rather not do)
prompted repeatedly for uname and pw without ever connecting; if I cancel the
prompt, I'm told I don't have authorization to use the Web.  Grrrrrrr!

Is anyone using the current version of Censornet in a setting like mine who
can show me the error of my IT ways?  The help would, as always, be greatly
appreciated.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.