[K12OSN] Censornet help

Mark Gumprecht gumprechtm at msad3.org
Wed Apr 26 12:22:57 UTC 2006

Dimitri,
I was playing with censornet yesterday and was having the same type of
issues. This is what cured mine.
At the CCT after original setup;
I did a lan probe of workstations
I imported my users from active directory
I reset the admin area
and that took care of getting into the web interface, granting it is
enabled in the initial setup along with the access passwords.
1 screwup I had was I had the NICs backwards. Even though I was in
bridge mode the iptables still looks at which nic is which as far as
internal and external. Something I'm going to check on and maybe some
already has, is using iptables/ebtables to port forward 80 traffic to
port 8080. I came across this web site that talks about it.
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1433/
Go to the section on transparent redirection. I replaced 3128 with 8080.
HTH
Mark

?Mark Gumprecht
MSAD3