[K12OSN] strange behavior with eth0 and eth1

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Apr 26 12:48:45 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,

I had something similar to this a while back on a newly installed server
(K12LTSP 4.4.1).
Look at   /etc/dhclient-eth1.conf. Make sure you don't have entries in
this that do not appear correct for your network. If things don't look
right here,do a double check by going to your "networking"
gui/START>SYSTEM SETTINGS>NETWORK click on eth1 there then select
properties. make sure in the gateway/dns/subnet you are not seeing
"grayed out" entries there. If you see these click the "static ip radio
button and delete the grayed out entries then change back to the dhcp
radio button,and save changes.
The way this bit me was i setup this server for a building were im at
initially then took the server to one of our other district
buildings,,thinking i had everything changed to the way it should be at
the building it was going to reside in,, but still had these bogus
entries in the networking properties:(. Hence no worky and lots of head
scratching, same as what you are going through:)
You should also look in etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default
directory and make sure you don't have entires there that have not been
replaced? Compare eth0.conf and eth1.conf file there. Compare these to a
known good working server there.
Hope this helps.

Barry Cisna