[K12OSN] Censornet help

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Apr 26 20:25:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday April 26 2006 12:28 pm, Brian Chivers wrote:
> Lots has gone on now, so can you clarify how far you've got with Censornet.
>
> So I've got this straight in my head
>
> 1. Your machines get an authentication screen up when you try to connect
> 2. You can ping the censornet box from a workstation.
> 3. You can ping the workstation from the Censornet box
> 4. You can ping the internet from the censronet box.
> 5. You can retrieve a list of usernames from the AD
> 6. You've setup the AD in the setup program
> 7. You've added the workstation and set then to "Allow web & other"
> 8. When you try to surf you get asked for username & password over and over
> again 9. Have you tried using Firefox to see if it's an IE problem.
> 10. You've setup the browsers for the proxy and set the ip address / DNS
> name of the censornet box in the "Proxy Overide" section.
>
> Thinks that's all *grin*
>
> Brian

Sorry for the delay in responding.  We're moving our office from one floor to
another, and I'm the project manager.  How does an IT person end up managing
an office move?  I guess I didn't scrunch down low enough in my seat when the
move was proposed (I'm 6'2", and so hard to miss).

All of the above are correct.  I reinstalled Censornet, and now am able to get
an "OK" when I run "/usr/local/squid/libexec/pam_auth -1" and enter my uname
and pw.  But, still, I'm prompted repeatedly for my uname/pw when trying to
access the Web.

Grrrrrrrr!

Dimitri

believed to be clean.