[K12OSN] Keyboard repeat rate issue

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Apr 28 19:06:39 UTC 2006

I posted this a little while ago on the LTSP list, but did not get any
answer, so I thought I would try it here.  Hopefully someone here can
help me.
---------------

One of my clients has an unusable keyboard repeat rate when in X and I
am not sure where I can fix that.

I have SCREEN_01 = startx and SCREEN_02 = shell .  If I stay with X (gdm
in this case) I can not log in because just a tap of the key produces
multible letters.  This happens with all the keys (space, backspace,
tab, etc).  One press results in multiple letters/results.  If I
CTRL-ALT-F2 to go to the terminal, the keys all act fine.  This same
client "dual boots" into Windows, and the keyboard is fine there.

I have tried trading out the keyboard for a another one, but same
results.  All other clients are acting fine.

NOTE: The client worked fine under 4.1.  When I made the switch to 4.2,
I also changed this clients monitor (since the old one died) and it's
mouse.  The mouse (while under 4.1) was an old serial mouse, now (under
4.2) it is a Logitech USB wireless mouse.  I doubt those have anything
to do with it, but thought I should mention any changes.

I unfortunatlly wiped out the 4.1 directory, so I have not tried
switching it back to see what would happen.

The clients config is:

[Default]
        SERVER                = 192.168.74.3
        SCREEN_01             = startx
        SCREEN_02             = shell #for trouble shooting

        SOUND                 = Y
        SOUND_DAEMON          = esd # nasd or esd
        VOLUME                = 70
        MIC_VOLUME            = 70
        CD_VOLUME             = 70

        LOCAL_STORAGE         = Y

        USE_XFS               = N

[192.168.74.2]
        # SiS 530 chipset
        XSERVER               = sis
        X4_MODULE_01          = glx
        X_MODE_0              = 800x600 at 75 49.85 800 832 1016 1048 600
611 619 631

        # LogiTech USB Wheel Mouse
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL      = "IMPS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE        = "/dev/input/mice"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION    = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS       = 5
        X_MOUSE_EMULATE3BTN   = N
        X_ZAxisMapping        = "4 5"

        # ESS Solo-1 chipset
        SMODULE_01            = "esssolo1"
        SMODULE_02            = "snd-seq-device"
        SMODULE_03            = "snd-seq-midi"
        SMODULE_04            = "snd-mixer-oss"