[K12OSN] booting terminal client from hd

Barry R Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Sat Apr 1 00:02:03 UTC 2006

Hi Antonella,

Sorry for the misinformation. Yes it is a floppy image. I kept refering
to a cd image, dont know why,
Once you get the hang of using eb_to_hd you can setup a hard drive in
less than 5 mins.
Whats sweet about it the floppy id's what NIC you have and loads the
appropriate etherboot image for that nic, with no "fishing around".

you simply

boot up with the floppy. you'll have to temporarily connect a
floppydrive to each terminal you are going to etherboot-to HD with.
-3- steps and your HD is prepped-the floppy automagically formats a
partition with a 5Mb partition for first step.

1. clear the hard drive with the floppy,and it formats the hd.
2. you reboot and the floppy id's your nic and installs the correct
etherboot image to HD.
3, you take the floppy out.reboot the terminal and if you have it
plugged into your K12LTSP network,,your going to boot to the K12LTSP
server.
 5 mins or less to do each HD.
 -only caveat is you need to have a pci nic-

Good luck, let me know if you have any probs.

Barry Cisna