[K12OSN] using yum to update k12ltsp

Nick Fenger nickfmail4-lists at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 00:52:14 UTC 2006

I recall having this error after updating one of our 4.2.1 servers (we have four k12ltsp servers w/ a single ldap server) there were a bunch of long error message dialogs talking about gconfd and gdm.

  I think removing the temp files on that server for the user fixed the problem

   rm -R -f /tmp/*username*

Maurice Last <mlast at sd64.bc.ca> wrote:
  I ran "yum update" on one of our servers (k12ltsp 4.2.0) and it broke
the users gnome desktops- a bunch of error messages on login and no
menu/task bars.

Is there a quick fix for this?

thanks

--
Maurice Last
ICT Curriculum Implementation Coordinator,

For more info see