[K12OSN] using yum to update k12ltsp

Nick Fenger nickfmail4-lists at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 18:25:55 UTC 2006

Maurice,

  Sorry, this was some time ago and I know I never discovered the cause of the problem. I do recall creating a new user on the ldap server and seeing if that user can log in w/o problems.

  I know the yum update reset any changes I made to make icewm my default session. I also had problems with the last option on the session menu (terminal login screen).

  See if you can get it to work by manually setting session and language settings on the login screen.

  I do recall my thoughts on this were that I had a user account that had configuration settings for a previous version of k12ltsp.

  I know I did reinstall k12ltsp from scratch on that server but I can't remember if it was due to this problem.

  Nick

Maurice Last <mlast at sd64.bc.ca> wrote:
  Nick Fenger wrote:     I recall having this error after updating one of our 4.2.1 servers (we have four k12ltsp servers w/ a single ldap server) there were a bunch of long error message dialogs talking about gconfd and gdm.

  I think removing the temp files on that server for the user fixed the problem

   rm -R -f /tmp/*username*

Thanks. But I did as suggested, and the problem still exists.

Any other suggestions?

maurice

Maurice Last <mlast at sd64.bc.ca> wrote:
  I ran "yum update" on one of our servers (k12ltsp 4.2.0) and it broke
the users gnome desktops- a bunch of error messages on login and no
menu/task bars.

Is there a quick fix for this?

thanks

--
Maurice Last
ICT Curriculum Implementation Coordinator,

For more info see