[K12OSN] Create Linux restore CD's

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 7 18:35:51 UTC 2006

Does anyone have instructions on a simple way to create a Linux restore CD set?

I would love to do this for servers, but mostly for Desktops.  Since no matter
what distro is chosen there seems to be a multitude of add-ons that I have to
slam on to customize to my liking, it sure would be nice to do this once and
make a restore disk out of my new system.

I imagine there is a problem with like hardware for future installs, but even
if I could do this for sandbox machines to simplify restoring after hosing
things up.

I am sure I could clone or use backup stuff, but CD's or DVD's seem so much
more portable.  I always have a CD pack with me, but I don't usually carry
around backup hard drives or my backup server.