[K12OSN] K12LTSP Installed on LIVE TV

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Apr 7 20:47:48 UTC 2006

Robert Arkiletian wrote:

> Nice to see your responses Scott. I was smiling when you were trying
> to explain FUD. I found it funny that your host kept harping on the
> "cryptic stuff" that kept scrolling on the screen. Funny how it's hard
> to overcome the ingrained mentality that it's "cryptic" like DOS.
> Until he saw a gnome desktop that is.

Thanks, Robert.  I'm glad you took the time to watch.  Booting a
thin-client on television and can certainly challenge one's ability to
explain why the scrolling, DOS-like text is a *good* thing.

> Well done keeping your cool when things didn't go so smoothly during
> booting of the first client.

Yes.  Note to self.  Power switches are meant to be on.  :-)

Jack Palmadesso wrote:

> That was a very interesting piece.  I also didn't know that Fedora
> originated from Hawaii.

Yes.  Warren Togami had a class with Brian Chee, and from there the gaps
left by Redhat's numbered releases were quickly filled by the ambition
of the Fedora project.

Red Hat sent a Fedora and a Letter to UH in recognition of the project
that changed their release strategy.  Brian Chee brought them to
TPOSSCON this year so that Robin 'roblimo' Miller could take a
photograph to an upcoming meeting with the letter's writer, Matthew
Szulick.  Pictures are here

http://www.hosef.org/gallery2/v/tposscon2006/?g2_page=3

> Bravo Scott
> Jack