[K12OSN] K12LTSP Server Boot Problems

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Tue Apr 11 13:13:04 UTC 2006

I had problems with one booting and hanging on NFS, too.

What I did was to boot in single user mode (that doesn't attempt to load
NFS) and once it is up, you can run filesystem checks and whatever else
you can think of to repair the installation. . .

Then just reboot again and see if it fixed it.  It is possible that just
a fsck will do it, but remember, you may need to boot from some other
media to be able to do fsck on unmounted filesystems. KNOPPIX will work
here or just about any other linux bootable CD or set you created when
you installed (if you actually did create the set. . .I am bad about not
doing that but I have KNOPPIX and others laying around anyway. . .)

It will help if you have records of your filesystems on hand before you
start the processes do you will know what partitions contain what
filesystems, etc. . .

Doug