[K12OSN] 5.0.0b2 yum error

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Apr 11 15:05:27 UTC 2006

Dale Sykora wrote:
> Eric,
>   I just installed k12ltsp-5.0.0b2-32bit and tried to "yum install
> thunderbird".  Yum showed a 404 error and it appears that it was looking
> in the wrong directory (the $arch part was missing).  I think the
> mirrorlist page needs fixing.
>
> was
> http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/Fedora/RPMS/thunderbird-1.5-6.i386.rpm
>

> should be
> http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/i386/Fedora/RPMS/thunderbird-1.5-6.i386.rpm
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dale

The mirrorlist page just points to the various mirrors, which appears to
be working just fine (yum found a valid mirror). The paths to specific
files are contained within the mirror's repository information.

Likely you have a bad cache. Clear out the cache and see if it then works:

	yum clean all
	yum install thunderbird

-Eric