[K12OSN] k12ltsp 5beta2 details

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Apr 12 21:55:37 UTC 2006

Angus Carr wrote:
> Hi, all, and particularly Eric.
>
> I had a few minor issues setting up 5beta2, and I thought I should share...
>
> 1) The default internal LAN address was 192.168.0.254, which isn't a
> problem, unless you already sit on such a LAN. Our main LAN is
> 192.168.0.*, and my LTSP LAN is 192.168.200.*. This really isn't a
> problem, but not all the files were correctly written. k12ltsp-DHCP.conf
> (or whatever it was called) required a search and replace.

Thanks, I have checking that on my todo list (which I'm working on right
now ;-)

> 2) The firewall was up by default on the internal address, and that
> didn't allow tftp. I dropped it, but that was slightly wrong. One day, I
> might even bring it back up, but this is internal, on a quiet LAN behind
> another firewall. I'm not too worried... (for now).

Possible related to #1. I have not seen a problem with the default
192.168.0.254.

> 3) Other than that, there were no issues. I just feel that a numbered
> list should have more than two bullets.

Good to hear.

> 4) Oh, right, my i810/agpgart problem. Hmmm.... don't know what to do
> about that, but there is usually some response on the list...

I scrounged up a box with an i810, I saw the same problem. Untested, but
the vesa driver will probably be a quick work-around:

	XSERVER = vesa

> Thanks, again, for the work of putting this together. I appreciate it as
> much as anyone else on the list.
>
> Angus Carr.

-Eric