[K12OSN] IP based PA system?

Tim Frichtel tfrichtel at socal.rr.com
Thu Apr 13 04:06:29 UTC 2006

How about using a basic Asterisk setup, then putting softphones on the
classroom machines, each configured to auto-answer?

That has the downside of assuming the clients are always on, working
properly and the softphone is up. Depending on your budget, you might go
with something basic like a Budgettone phone, then hack it a bit to run
its speaker wire to a small amplified speaker.  We've done that for
several months for central paging from Asterisk.

Tim