[K12OSN] Kubuntu LTSP 4.2 XDMCP Problems

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Apr 15 16:40:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:08:51 -0500, Burke Almquist wrote
> Sounds like a DNS/name resolution issue??

Any suggestions along this line?  I just changed the dhcpd.conf to use the
LTSP server for dns and not my ISP's.  Doesn't seem to have made a difference.
 The machine is named simply "ltsp" and is listed in /etc/hosts.  Bootup isn't
the only slow part.  After it is booted everything is slow, even typing.
Maybe I'll just give up on Kubuntu and go back and try out the Beta5 version.