[K12OSN] Updates now available for LTSP-4.2

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Wed Apr 19 14:25:01 UTC 2006

Jim,

in Kubuntu 5.10, kdm is broken. There's a bug filed in the Ubuntu bug
tracking system:

   https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/24271

I've heard that if you upgrade the kde in Kubuntu to 3.5.1, it fixes the
problem.

I've tried it in Kubuntu-Dapper flight-5, and it's all working.

ltspcfg *should* be modifying your kdmrc file properly, and it should be
showing up as 'Enabled' in the status screen.  I'm not sure why it's not
for you, and I don't have access to my Kubuntu machine right now, to play
with it.  But, even if it did show up as Enabled, the bug described above
would prevent it from working anyway.

You could install GDM or XDM instead, to get through the Xdmcp issue.

I have no clue what's causing the performance problems you are seeing.
Kubuntu worked just fine for me as an LTSP server.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org