[K12OSN] FC5 woes

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Apr 20 17:41:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:26:02 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> It looks like my problem with the new beta FC5 K12ltsp isn't exactly
> video drivers like I thought.  It looks like it is not detecting the
> entire PCI bus
> (and AGP) anymore.  It found it fine with FC2.  My NIC isn't showing
> up anymore along with other devices which is leading me in this
> direction.  The motherboard is an IWill DVD266u-RN.
>
> I ran into the same thing when testing out MEPIS 3.4-3 after reading
> a review on it.  Kubuntu still finds everything but that gave me the
> slow problems.
>
> Slowly going bald now.  Any suggestion would be great.

Nevermind.  I just scratched this attempt as well.  Since Kubuntu loaded okay
but had xdmcp issues, and Jim M and other have loaded Ubuntu without any
problems, I have decided to load Ubuntu and give it a whirl.  Hopefully this
will work.  Otherwise I am throwing this server out the second floor window
and buying a new one.

Thanks