[ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.4.1 controling KDE 'Lost & Found'

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Tue Apr 25 19:39:41 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 12:54, Mike Ely wrote:
> You're kind of going at this sideways.  Fire up kiosktool, choose to edit
> the default profile, click KDE Menu, and click Setup Component.  You can
> choose to enable or ignore the restrictions offered, but the main thing is
> to click the "Setup KDE Menu" button - this will ask you for root password
> and start up the KDE Menu Editor.

Hmmmm... I ran the kiosktool, edited the menu and then assigned it to one of
my user accounts AND .... nothing, the menu changes I made did not appear
when I logged on with that user account. Any special steps to getting the new
profiles to work?

Also, I tried to use the kiosktool to edit the panel but the screen when
berserk, the panel slid across the screen from the bottom and disappeared off
the top of the screen. I had to log off and back on before my screen returned
to normal and was not able to edit the panel.

--
Thanks,

John