[K12OSN] LCD 17 vs. 15?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:07:04 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:
> any thoughts? We need to buy a couple of dozen. I know what I'd get for
> home use but wondering what others experiences are for school use. We
> have 15" (1024 x 768) in our lab which seem to work fine and many of our
> old CRTs are 800 x 600. For k-5, would 1280 X 1024 help or just be a
> superfluous expense?

native res on 17" is 1280x1024 so you will have a little more X
traffic on eth0 plus if you want 24bit color you need to make sure
your video cards have enough ram (4MB min). But 17" LCDs are so cheap
now it's almost not worth buying a 15".
--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269