[K12OSN] OT: Looking for Data recovery company

Rusty Pywtorak rusty at enveloptech.com
Tue Apr 25 21:11:33 UTC 2006

Here is a link to a software product that I have used. It's called
Recover My Files. It may sound a little cheesy, but believe me, I have
used a few of these so-called recovery programs but none of them have
impressed me like this one. It can even recover files from a partition
that has been formatted -- and yes, it does work. I was able to recover
all the files from a partition that I had deleted (because I at least
had the good sense to not write to the drive after deleting the
partition).

The main consideration is not to install the software to the drive where
you want to recover the files from. You need a second drive to recover
the files anyway (you can't save the recovered files to the same drive
as the drive from which the files are being recovered).

You can download a trial version of the software. It will show all the
files that it can recover, but to actually recover them you have to buy
the software.

Rusty