[K12OSN] strange behavior with eth0 and eth1

Dr. Daniel Loomis drloomis at cox-internet.com
Thu Apr 27 00:43:48 UTC 2006

Barry Cisna,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did not have any /etc/dhclient.conf files
on my system and all my network-scripts and
/etc/sysconfig/networking/defaults were correct.  Same with the Network
settings gui.  I had even removed all interfaces, restarted the system
and re-entered the correct information.

Then I discovered something odd:  Even though I did not have dhcbdb or
dhclient enabled at startup, dhcbdb was showing up whenever I did a "ps
ax".  Looking over the startup services I noticed that NetworkManager
and NetworkManagerDispatcher were "on."  Since I am running all static
ip settings I turned them off.  That seems to have solved the problem. .
. so far.  I no longer get dhcbdb when I do a "ps ax"

Dan