[K12OSN] Holding off up dating just in case

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Aug 1 17:09:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, August 1, 2006 1:07 pm, Eric Harrison wrote:
> John P. Conlon wrote:
>> I have gotten into the habit of doing a wipe and clean install at the
>> beginning of each school year to ensure that I have cleaned out
>> everything students have miss-saved, only partially erased, and so on.
>> I am getting ready to start a new school year and was in hopes I could
>> install the FC-5 version of K12LTSP in my server.  Is there any hope
>> that it will be available within the next two weeks?
>>

> Yes, it will (come hell or high water ;-)  be available within the next
> two weeks.
>
> I am currently testing the 32bit build of Release Candidate #4 (RC4) and
> will test the 64bit build after that. By the end of the day RC4 should
> be uploaded.
>
> If no one finds a show-stopping bug in RC4, it will be declared the
> official release (probably this weekend)

We've been seeing alot of people having mouse trouble in LTSP-4.2u2, and
just this morning, someone posted a fix on the ltsp-discuss mailing list.
I'll play around with it this evening, to make sure it works properly.
Then, hopefully I can release update-3, and you can incorporate that into
your 5.0.

Jim.