[K12OSN] *-PDC config?

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Wed Aug 2 14:36:32 UTC 2006

  If it works from non-windows boxes it could be in a Win2k WINS cache.
(On XP this is done by "nbtstat -RR") Also, is there an lmhosts on the
2k machine to lessen WINS/broadcast requests?
Cheers,
    Michael Blinn

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Paul Lemke wrote:
>> Hello all, I used the smb-ldap installer a while ago. I setup the
>> server with most of
>> the default settings in the script. One of them was I'm assuming
>> setting up
>> the PDC's computer name. "DOMAINCOM-PDC" is what it set it as. A few
>> days
>> ago I had to change the server name. So I thought the only place
>> where this
>> DOMAINCOM-PDC was located was the samba config file. So I changed the
>> samba
>> config and everything worked great....
>>
>> The I tried to login to a pc via a domain account. Windows 2k tried to
>> locate the roaming profile... but it was looking for it at:
>> \\DOMAINCOM-PDC\profiles\. Can someone help me locate this setting so
>> I can
>> change it? Thanks!!
>>
> cd /etc
> grep -r DOMAINCOM-PDC *
>
> For starters?
>> Paul

If this is my day of harvest, in what fields have I sowed the seed, and
in what unremembered seasons?
- Kahlil Gibran

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, and any attachments that may
accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this
communication or any of the information, which it contains is
unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this
message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.