[K12OSN] transparent proxying fix??

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Aug 4 18:17:12 UTC 2006

Burke Almquist wrote:
> The transparent proxy script should only redirect traffic on the
> internal interface to the squid/squidguard/dg port.  I've noticed that
> it doesn't do this, it redirects traffic from both interfaces. Is this
> intentional or accidental? Am I missing something?

The transparent proxy script has not been changed in years, I honestly
can't remember all of the design considerations ;-)

The intent is that a transparent proxy server should *ONLY* be a
transparent proxy server, it should not be a general-purpose server.

I'll take another look at it. The suggestion of limiting it to the
internal interface only may very well be a better way to go.

-Eric