[K12OSN] NuBus Power Macintoshes as thin clients

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 4 23:11:38 UTC 2006

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:01 -0400 (EDT)
cliebow at midmaine.com wrote:

> i used macintosh 5260 all in one "white anchors" as "chubby clients"

Assuming you are talking about
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/stats/powermac_5260_100.html

Man, I had one of those about 3 year back. I ended up setting it up with
MAC OS 7.x.x (I think, maybe 8.x.x -- I forget now) and gave it away to
someone who could not afford a computer.  She then had it washed away in
a flood.

I really liked that think (the physical appeal) of it.  Looked really
fancy sitting on the desk next to my IBM Aptiva.  It even had TV in, so
you could use it in place of your TV.  I wish I would have known it
could have been a terminal.

Tom V. You wouldn't happen to be in the Western PA area?  :-)

O'well... "thems the breaks"

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org