[K12OSN] rsyncing repositories

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 21:35:44 UTC 2006

I've been trying to rsync the directory tree for the
purpose of doing network installs and updating my
local machines.  This is what I've been running in my
nightly cron job:

rsync -Pav --exclude=iso
k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-32bit/ ./

This works well for http type network installs.  But I
don't think I'm fully utilizing my local tree as an
update source.  The only repo I've successfully
pointed to my local rsync'd tree is the k12ltsp repo.

Can I point any of my other repos to my local rsync'd
tree?

Also, the above rsync command doesn't seem to pick up
any webmin stuff.  Is it possible for me to rsync the
webmin repository?

Thanks for the help.

-Rob