[K12OSN] Update from FC2 to FC5 via SSH?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Aug 10 00:49:51 UTC 2006

Okay, I know this is probably not the most recommended option and any
answers come with no warranty :-)

Anyhow, I just want to know if this is feasible.  I have a K12LTSP server
based off of FC2 (I can't remember if that was K12LTSP v4 or v3) and I want
to upgrade it to K12LTSP v5.0.0.  Now the trick is, I am wondering if this
is possible completely via SSH through yum or some other trick.  I am
completely nuts?

If this is possible please let me know the steps necessary.  Again, I know
that tarring /home and a handful of config files from /etc/ and wiping the
server with a fresh install would be the best option.  I also know that
upgrading via CD's would be the next best option.  I just want to know if
this is possible and how.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department