[K12OSN] phone system

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Aug 22 15:27:32 UTC 2006

Fonality has a nice easy solution...although they rape you on the
server...$1k for the hardware they provide..blah..but their product
really is nice...and comes with support if you purchase...

They've taken Asterisk and put together a nice interface and they handle
all updates on the server if you purchase the support from them.

Setting up Asterisk yourself is not rocket science by any
means...Asterisk at Home actually is a fairly simple solution for
VOIP...and you can use desktops with a free application as the
phone...with just a headset/mic combo deal. Or get a SIP phone that
bridges the network connection through the phone...but you'll want to
put QoS on your network so VoiP traffice has priority.

--Huck