[K12OSN] Update from FC2 to FC5 via SSH?

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Aug 10 17:02:10 UTC 2006

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
>> PXE boot? You'd have to have the boot order set properly from the
>> console before doing this.
>>
>> http://www.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/PXE-Kickstart.html
>
> I had thought about that, but if I am remote, how would I keep it from booting
> back to PXE again after reboot?
>
> I think that would work, but only with onsite interaction to switch to PXE
> booting and back after install.

Just comment out the tftpboot statement from your DHCP server _before_
you reboot, and it should fail over to the next boot item.

But yeah, this is why remote upgrades are hard and why high-end UNIX
machines often have a serial console that lets you be in the boot loader
remotely.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services