[K12OSN] Mobile User Plugged In

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhd.org
Fri Aug 11 12:41:10 UTC 2006

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my message.

I have a very small K12LTSP network consisting of only a few machines.
I have the DHCP assiging IP addresses according to the MAC of the
workstations.  I understand that anyone could disconnect the cat5 from
the workstation and plug in a laptop and the DHCP would assign an IP and
allow the laptop access.
Well, I have had this happen.  A user who does not have access rights on
the LTSP brought in a personal laptop and connected up to the network
for internet access.
Does anyone have any suggestions as what I can do to prevent this from
occuring again?

Thanks,

Mike