[K12OSN] Re: Pam_ldap.secret (Jesper Berth) (Jesper Berth)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Fri Aug 11 17:02:49 UTC 2006

> From: Jesper Berth <big at santaz.dk>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Pam_ldap.secret (Jesper Berth)

> >>On the client i have run the ./smbldap ubuntuclient
> >Don't run that. Run './smbldap ldapclient'.
> This worked on the server in first attempt, but i haven't run the
> ./smbldap ubuntuclient here

Er, you shouldn't ever have to run that on the server if you started
with './smbldap all'.

> My client didn't work  i got a lot of print() on closed filehandle LOG
> at smbldap-funcs.pm line 27

Granted, logging should fail more gracefully. Is your
smbldap-installer directory writeable? (By root?)

> see a screenshot here http://www.berthit.dk/205/pic.png

Thanks!

> >If the documentation site is out of date somewhere, please let me
> >know, or, better yet, let me know you've fixed it. :)
> the ./smbldap ubuntuclient text is here http://majen.net/smbldap/

OOPS and Sorry! Fixed now.

What?!? I don't see it there... try dumping your browser cache. ;)

> >Before you run 'ldapclient' since you've already done 'ubuntuclient',
> >do this:
> >$ apt-get remove --purge libpam-ldap libnss-ldap
> I tried this after i did the first run of ldapclient, but that didn't
> help i get the same print() errors again, and after a reboot i couldn't
> login, so i am reinstalling :-)
> It was only a test install, i will try again without running ubuntuclient

I predict that it will work fine this time, as long as root can write
to your smbldap-installer directory.

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/