[K12OSN] re: smbldap-install start from scratch. Really! (Robert Moskowitz)

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 15 15:04:51 UTC 2006

Didn't work.  See below.

Matt Oquist wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:57:33 -0400
>> From: "Robert Moskowitz" <rgm at htt-consult.com>
>> Subject: [K12OSN] smbldap-install start from scratch.  Really!
>> smbd and nmbd are up and running.
>>
>> So what do I do before I kick off the script.
>>

> Nothing; it's designed to work even on a totally fresh OS
> installation, without *any* of the packages installed. (i.e., a "bare
> bones" installation without graphics or any servers, etc.)
>
> One of the first things the script will do is turn off smbd and nmbd.
> :)
>
> It *should* (in theory; I guess I've never tested this) work fine just
> to blow away everything under /var/lib/ldap/ and run the script; all
> the relevant config files will be backed up and overwritten, and a new
> database will be created.

Per documentation I ran:  ./smbldap all

I got to enter my network address range.  I got the message about done
asking questions, press Enter.

Bunches of backups.

It got to backing up /etc/opt/IDEALX/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf and got:

failure!
I'm stopping here because this is bad.
Correct the error by hand and re-run this script.

When I look at the log, I see:

Runing smbldap-populate...
printf "ldappwd/ldappwd" | smbldap-populate -a root -u 10000 -g 10000
erreur LDAP: Can't contact master ldap server (IO::Socket::INET:
connect: Connection refused) at /usr/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 270.
Populating LDAP directory for domain IDEALX-NT
(S-1-5-21-4205727931-4131263253-1851132061)
(using builtin directory structure)

failure!

Now when I look further up the log I see ldap restart
Stopping slapd:  FAILED
Checking configuration files for slapd: config file testing succeded
Starting slapd: OK
Using chkconfig to set ldap to "on" during boot...
chkconfig ldap on
Success!
Sething the manager smbpasswd....

smbpasswd -w ldappwd
Setting stroed password for "cn=Manager,dc=htt-consult.com,dc=com" in
secrets.tdb
Grabbing local SID...success!

them the backup copies.  ending with the smbldap.conf mentioned above
and the failure.

So what now??????