[K12OSN] Lingering Release Issues

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Aug 16 20:59:58 UTC 2006

Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Jim McQuillan wrote:

>> You've got it spelled incorrectly.
>>
>> It should be:
>>
>>     USE_NBD_SWAP = Y
>>
>> Drop the leading 'LTSP_'.
>
> Doh! I must have ran "set | grep SWAP" & cut-and-pasted the output,
> which as you note gives the wrong answer :-(
>
> Thanks for catching that Jim!

BINGO

I have to assume that we had enabled nfs swap a few years ago when this
lab was installed.  Without it, some of the clients simply did not work.
  I'm busy campaigning, but soon I will crack the cases and see what the
nic/ram/video variables were between the functioning and non-functioning
units.  The server, fyi, is a generic athlon with 768mb.

Jim and Eric - Thanks.  And on behalf of the many teens at the Boys and
Girls Club in Ewa Beach - Aloha

--scott