[K12OSN] sound in Rhythmbox only works for one user

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Aug 16 21:00:27 UTC 2006

I got Rhythmbox playing sound on the clients for one user (me, not as root), but when
others try to play, say MP3 files, nothing happens when they click the Play button: no
sound, the timer indicator doesn't move, etc.  Perhaps a permissions issue somewhere?
It's not a permissions issue on the MP3 files because the users can play those just fine
through xmms.  Does Rhythmbox need a special rc file or directory or some such in the
users home directory which I might have but they're missing?

Petre