[K12OSN] sound in Rhythmbox only works for one user

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed Aug 16 21:47:42 UTC 2006

Petre-

rhythmbox uses gstreamer.  if you are using "esd" do this:

1.  log in as a user with "sudo" privileges and run "sudo gconf-editor"
OR  log in and "su" to root (NOTE:  "su" not "su -") and run
"gconf-editor"
2.  Go to: system > gstreamer > 0.10 > default
3.  change the audiosink value to:  "esdsink" and hit enter
4.  right click on that field and select "Set as Mandatory"

Next time the user logs in, you should get sound from rhythmbox

Cheers,

-Gadi