[K12OSN] Double Floppy folder when using USB drive on clients

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Aug 20 15:00:48 UTC 2006

Yes, I was able to fix it, at least for my purposes.  I also wanted to
remove the floppy drive from the Local Device Access because my clients
have etherboot floppies in their floppy drives, so I don't want the LDA
to even look at the floppy drive; besides, it slows down access to USB
sticks.  I edited the
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/udev/rules.d/15-ltsp-block.rules file, commenting out
the line

KERNEL=="fd[0-9]*",     RUN+="/etc/udev/scripts/ltsp-device.sh"

under the Legacy Floppy section.  DON'T comment out the two lines after
that line, or the desktop icons won't disappear when you remove any LDA
device, e.g., USB sticks.  I had done that, and it took a couple hours
with Scott Balneaves help to fix that problem.  After we figured that
out, the duplicate floppy icons stopped happening, I guess because I
don't see any floppy icons any more, which is what I wanted.  I put a
note about it on the LTSP wiki.

HTH

Petre