[K12OSN] Lab Monitoring

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Aug 20 15:18:26 UTC 2006

fl_teachertool allows you to do this.  I think it only shows up in the
menu (under System/Administration?) if you're logged in as root.
Otherwise, you can just call it from a command prompt, but by default
only root can start it.  You can change the group ownership on it to,
say, teachers, so that only people in the teachers group can start it
(and not students).  Note that to view the users' screens (which is just
one of its many features) you have to do a little bit of setup, which
you can find described here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2006-August/msg00127.html

Special thanks to Robert Arkiletian for this awesome tool!

Petre