[K12OSN] yum update

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Aug 20 15:41:45 UTC 2006

>> Just installed 5.0 and seems to be working great with the exception
>> of the "gnome power-management" application quiting and trying to get
>> the CD-roms to get recognized.
>
> I asked this same question earlier this week. The fix is to turn off acpid for the gnome power management error.  So, at the command prompt. Do this as root "chkconfig --level 35 acpid off"
>

> Wilson

I was having the same problem with the gnome power manager dying.  I
turned acpid off ('/etc/init.d/apcid stop') and also turned it off with
chkconfig, but gnome-power-manager was still being loaded on the
clients, and dying inconveniently.  Since I'm not running laptops, the
power manager seems pointless, so I just removed the gnome-power-manager
package, with so far, no ill effects.

Petre