[K12OSN] Re: Mounting SAMBA shares on a Linux workstation

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Mon Aug 21 20:45:55 UTC 2006

Hi David,

Thanks for that. I've just given it a try.

This is the error I get, which is the same as trying to make FSTAB
changes, or use autofs as suggested on the Redhat website.

mount error 1 = Operation not permitted
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

As I understand it, i would have to make mount executable by all users.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bert