[K12OSN] Mounting SAMBA shares on a Linux workstation

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Aug 22 02:16:57 UTC 2006

Ah, yes, perhaps.  On my 5.0 server, there are no members in the fuse
group, but /usr/bin/fusermount permissions are set to -rwsr-xr-x; notice
the sticky bit set for the owner, which is root.  I recall that Eric
said he changed it to that from whatever the default was to make the
Local Device Access easier to get going, negating the need to add users
to the fuse group.  So, Bert, either add users to the fuse group or make
sure /usr/bin/fusermount is setuid root.

Petre