[K12OSN] New HP clients kernel panic...

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Aug 23 01:22:43 UTC 2006

On Aug 22, 2006, at 3:53 PM, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Check the server logs for this error. Since DHCPD on the server _was_
> working enough to send out the initial IP address and then the PXE
> boot
> kernel and then the main kernel.

I don't see the error anywhere in the logs (I'm not sure where to
look other than /var/log/messages).  The only non-standard thing on
the server install is that I switched eth0 and eth1 around from what
the installer did by default.  (ie, I made eth0 public and eth1
private).  I didn't find anything else to change in the config files
regarding eth0 or eth1, and other clients boot fine.  Perhaps there
is something I should change?

(On older versions I would have to tell dhcpd what interface to run
on, but it's smart in this release and only runs on the interface
with IP numbers matching the dhcpd config)

I'm really scratching my head with this one...  It booted OK from a
4.0.2 server (although the video card was detected, but that's a
minor issue).  I might try installing a server from scratch, and
seeing if it boots up tomorrow on the new server.  Reinstalling on
the server in question would really be a pain in the butt though...

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director