[K12OSN] Getting MPlayer installed

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 01:28:26 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, John P. Conlon <jconlon1 at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm running K12LTSP FC5 in a home brew server that has an AMD 1ghz 32
> bit processor and 1.5 gig of RAM.
>
> I have been trying to install MPlayer in my server for several days and
> I'm constantly running into version and missing file problems.   It also
> seems that every time I download an rpm file which I thought should have
> everything needed to make this work I've been proved wrong.
>
> Can someone give me an exact listing of which files and versions I need
> to use to get this critter up and running?  Where to find these files
> would be extremely helpful also.

Use the ATrpms repo and yum.  Here's my ATrpms repo file (in
/etc/yum.repos.d/at.repo):

[at-stable]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever stable
baseurl=http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.atrpms.net/fc$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
gpgcheck=1

Create that repo file, then run "yum -y install mplayer".

Calvin