[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN] New HP clients kernel panic...

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Wed Aug 23 11:35:41 UTC 2006

Shawn,
There was a thread on this on the ltsp list a couple of days ago, and
iirc, the immediate hack around was to revert to 2.6.16 kernel for the
clients. I ran into the same issue when trying to etherboot an older
donated PC running a PIII 533 CPU with K12LTSP ver. 5 that had worked
fine with 4.4.2. I was completely foxed as other, old clients booted
fine.

regards,
William

"

> > I have just had the same issue with this and HP5125 thins.  I
changed
> > the kernel on load to one of the 2.6.16 ones and it all worked fine.
> > have not had time to dig around to find what the issue is with the
> > 2.6.17 kernel and 5125s.  Once I do I will post back.
> >
> > Andy Trevor
> >

> Thank you Andy,
>
> If existing LTSP 2.6.16 kernel exist, could someone give me an url ?
>
> If not, does it mean that I do compile myself such kind of kernel ?
> In these case, could someone give me help about compiling kernel for
LTSP thin
> client ? I never build a linux kernel... :(
>
> ++
> Nicolas

It should be in your tftpboot folder. Just change your dhcpd.conf to
use the correct kernel.
"