[K12OSN] smbldap-installer pdc option: import read failed

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 12:52:24 UTC 2006

Hi, everyone!

I'm having trouble running the smbldap-installer with the pdc option.

I've already set up a PDC using the installer (with the "all" option).  Now I'm running the installer on the PDC with the "pdc" option so I can get a BDC setup.

Everything seems to work okay until the installer connects to my BDC and begins running the remainder of the installer from there.  After it asks what distro the BDC is using (I answer k12ltsp-5), I get the following:

Trying to install packages from the Internet...
error: /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY: import read failed(-1).
Killed by signal 2. {this is after I press ctrl-c}
Unable to configure 192.168.1.3 as LDAP slave and BDC: 65280

(192.168.1.2 is the PDC, 192.168.1.3 will be the BDC.)

I should mention that, before running the installer with the "pdc" option on our PDC, I'd been trying to run the installer on our BDC with the "bdc" option.  But that had failed (I'm assuming because I should've been running the "pdc" option on the PDC.)  Also, Internet access does work okay, as does running yum from a shell.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

David Whitmer
Calvary Schools of Holland, Michigan