[K12OSN] OT: Wrong spool path in samba in version 5.0

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Aug 24 14:22:10 UTC 2006

I turned on samba on my K12LTSP 5.0 server the other day, and user's home directories
became accessible to Windows boxes as expected.  However, whenever a user would try to
print via a printer share on the server, they would get an error about the 'Network path
could not be found'.  It turned out that the printer spooler path was set to
/usr/spool/samba, rather than the usual /var/spool/samba.  Changing the path fixed the
problem.  I'm just puzzled as to how the incorrect path got into the samba config in the
first place.  It's not something I would normally set. I'm bringing this up in case
anyone else has a similar problem.  Anyone else seeing this?

Petre