[K12OSN] Gnome power management issues

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Aug 25 13:02:33 UTC 2006

service apcid stop
chkconfig --level 345 apcid off

Theoretically, this should prevent apcid, which is the daemon that supports Gnome Power
Manager, from being loaded on the client.  But it didn't work for me, and I was still
getting those same 'gnome power manager failure' errors.  So, I just removed the package:

rpm -e gnome-power-manager

I've had no problems since.

Petre