[K12OSN] Got to rebulid -- how to take an image for checkpointing

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 25 22:21:01 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 08:34 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>

>>> But, you should learn how to copy your filesystems
>>> with tar and and make a new system bootable too. It isn't
>>> difficult and it is easier to learn before you need it.
>>>

>> Yeah, I really have to work through a TAR howto.  Know a good one?
>>

> Tar isn't much of an issue. The tar commands you need are

Thanks Les,

Matt supplied a very good guideline for starters.  I really like that
SSH approach to put the tar on another system.

Such a simple backup method.

After years of working with the fellows that first created SSH (I
cochaired IPsec and got the RFCs out, and worked with them then), I am
finally learning more than the little bit of tunnelling I had been
doing, and using Tero's Win client for so long.