[K12OSN] exporting users

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Aug 27 16:08:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 07:24, Rob Owens wrote:
> I've never tried it, but here are a couple links I
> found to use PAM for authorization on your apache
> server:
>
> http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/
> http://search.cpan.org/~hdaniel/Apache-AuthPAM-0.01/AuthPAM.pm
>
> If you have LDAP set up, there is a module for that
> too:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html

mod_auth_pam works, and can follow all of the authentication
methods you use in the system.  One quirk is that you have
to allow the httpd process to read the /etc/shadow file,
usually by making it group readable to the apache group.
This is bad for security if you let others update web
content/programs.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com