[K12OSN] Re: Load average sky-high but why????????

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 18:19:26 UTC 2006

I checked the RAID and the NIC.  Both are working.  But ... it just occurred to me that when the RAID 1 was setup, it wanted to set up the swap as RAID 1 as well.  This is probably not such a great thing for software raid.

>>You could revert back to a previous K12LTSP, and then install LTSP-4.2 on top of that to get >>local device support.

True, I just seem to remember that K12LTSP and LTSP don't use exactly the same defaults.  I am not sure if the most recent versions of K12LTSP use the LTSP default directories/files/etc.  (e.g. k12ltsp uses dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf as the dhcpd.conf file now).

Thanks all for the assistance.  We have made it through another school day.  I will see if there is time to rebuild the server tonight.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins